Wednesday, June 18, 2008

EFR - Emergency First Response

Yesterday evening I got together with a bunch of my scuba buddies and met some new scuba buddies at Scuba Unlimited in Blue Ash Ohio. We were there for our Emergency First Response course - CPR and First Aid training. As a volunteer scuba diver at the Newport Aquarium I am required to be current in these certifications. This training is a great program and probably something that would be beneficial to everyone, regardless of involvement with scuba.

There is just no telling when you might be the first one at the scene when someone has been injured or become seriously ill. In these situations seconds count. While I can't claim to be an expert - I can say that this training has helped me (and someone else) on more than one occasison.

No comments: